Like all hockey organizations, the Rockies rely on a dedicated team of board members and volunteers working behind the scenes to allow the coaches and players to do their job. If you are interested in becoming involved with our organization, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and find out more.
Game Day Volunteer Roles:
- Greet guests.
- Assist groups in booking functions during games in the mezzanine.
- Coordinate on-ice intermission entertainment (Puck Toss, Shoot to Win, etc.).
- Coordinate all gameday off ice events in arena lobby and encourage crowd participation during games.
- Dispense free merchandise to fans during games.
Gate keepers (Admission) (x3)
- 2 people start 1 hour before game time and cover 2 periods.
- 3rd person starts at the beginning of the 2nd period and stays until the halfway mark of the 3rd period (responsible for collection of money and selling of programs).
- Start time is one hour before game.
- One person at the door at all times.
- During the game, moves around the arena checking doors
- Oversee bar area/alcohol consumption.
- Provide assistance at doors during intermissions
- Bar setup is half hour before game time.
- Bartender sets beverages on 2-3 bags of ice ready to be sold to patrons.
- Board will coordinate licensing and arrange purchase of beverages prior to game.
- Responsible for music during warm-up, game stoppages, and intermissions.
- Announcer starts approximately 15 minutes prior to start of game and continues during the game announcing goals, penalties, door prizes, etc.
Anthem Singer (1)
- Sings national anthem(s) on ice before game.
Game Off Ice Officials
Penalty Box – Visitors (1) & Penalty Box – Home (1)
- At the beginning of each game, volunteers take their position in the penalty box.
- Record the start of each penalty and allow penalized players to return to game when penalty has expired.
- Responsible for timekeeping of the game. This includes penalties, shots on goal, etc.
- Ready 15 minutes before puck drop.
- Official recorder of the game.
- Must know referee hand signals for penalties/calls made on the ice.
- Informs the game announcer and webcast team of the names/numbers of penalized players and goal scorers.
- Records ticket numbers and is responsible for selling 50/50 tickets during the game.
Referee Liaison (1)
- Payment processing for game officials.
Webcast internet Broadcaster (1) Internet Color Commentator (1)
Camera operator (1)
- Arrives 45 minutes before start of game to setup equipment and connect to the central broadcast center.
Team Merchandise (1 or 2)
- Setup table with merchandise prior to game time.
- Salesperson during game
- Catalogue what has been sold, what needs to be ordered, etc.